Porcelain paver as pool coping

Adidier

Dec 22, 2022
Marathon
Hi all, I’m considering 24” square 2cm porcelain pavers for my renovated pool deck but am struggling with finding a modern pool coping. Porcelain pavers can be mitred to form a square drop down edge but I’m curious to know if anyone has used this for coping? Will it break or be too sharp? We like the thick edge look but the porcelain paver edge is a different color when eased (and it’s not thick enough).

Attachments

• 5A0C9FF7-083C-48B2-AFE2-30734952116E.jpeg
    5A0C9FF7-083C-48B2-AFE2-30734952116E.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 40
I think it can probably be made to work.
Are you thinking that the pavers would overhang the water (as traditional coping would), or would that vertical surface on the paver be flush with the waterline tile? Or perhaps even be the waterline tile? How tall is the riser face on the tiles?
If flush I think it would make an interesting, and very modern looking result, but will likely drive your masons nuts as it will be a challenge to get them set.
If you are thinking overhang my concern would be any void behind the vertical section becoming a hiding place for insects and debris.

I think it can probably be made to work.
Are you thinking that the pavers would overhang the water (as traditional coping would), or would that vertical surface on the paver be flush with the waterline tile? Or perhaps even be the waterline tile? How tall is the riser face on the tiles?
If flush I think it would make an interesting, and very modern looking result, but will likely drive your masons nuts as it will be a challenge to get them set.
If you are thinking overhang my concern would be any void behind the vertical section becoming a hiding place for insects and debris.
Thanks! We would place it flush to waterline tile with a 2.5-3” drop down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.