Another Vegas OB Pool Build!!!

It’s really pretty! We have such a limited choice of waterline tiles here. Kim, here’s your blue bling! My choice is very plain and neutral, which I’m hoping I don’t hate. Our pb is very well known and the tile shop told me to stay away from glass because my pb won’t want to install them. Sigh. Glad the damaged box was replaced immediately.

OH PRETTY!!!!! BLING and BLUE= happy :kim:

Do you get to keep the "broken" ones??? I can see many, pretty projects I could come up with for them! A bench covered in them. A planter covered in them. Highlights on a table.

What color of mastic will you have them use? What color of grout?

Kim:kim: (I got my BLING fix!)

OH PRETTY!!!!! BLING and BLUE= happy :kim:

Do you get to keep the "broken" ones??? I can see many, pretty projects I could come up with for them! A bench covered in them. A planter covered in them. Highlights on a table.

What color of mastic will you have them use? What color of grout?

Kim:kim: (I got my BLING fix!)

We are leaning toward a medium gray grout as our quartz will be a blue or gray.

I did a mock up with white grout which gave a good contrast, but I thought it would stick out too much.

I decided to torture myself and install my own tile. Only took me 8x as long.:hammer:
20180407_205430_resized.jpg20180403_165917_resized.jpg20180410_174510_resized.jpg
Just passed pre plaster inspection and Aruba Sky Quartzscape is hopefully right around the corner.

Attachments

• 20180406_201930_resized_1.jpg
    20180406_201930_resized_1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 170
DUDE! You do some good work!!! I know your hands and arms are hating life right now but...........man that is pretty!!!!!

Did you grout the tile on the steps? I can't tell. Some people use the plaster instead of grout for those.

Kim:kim:

I really like the layout and tile choices for your pool. It seems really thought out and works great with your backyard. I was planning on putting my spa and wet deck on the the same side of my pool which would make it wider but shorter but with your layout of splitting them up gives you more room to swim and you could even add a slide later if you wanted to for the kids. There's so many great Vegas builds and ton of ideas. I can't wait to see it filled with water, great job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Really nice. We think alike!

pool1.jpg

OH that came out great!! LOVE IT!

Now know that the water might have a slight green tint in the beginning. That is normal. As the water gets balanced and the plaster cures the true color of the water will show through.

Kim:kim:

Full of water. Still need to find a matching travertine to put on the outside spa face. The rest of the yard needs landscaping when I regain motivation...20180425_193924_resized.jpg
20180424_112153_resized.jpgThe blob in the middle of the pool is plaster dust missed by the vacuum.
I'm happy to say that I didn't screw up the spillway. It's level!:rockon:20180425_160518_resized.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.