Back from hiatus

Hey there needsajet, thanks mate its good to be back - Ive missed the wisdom from here and my mates !!

Got a SLAM on my immediate horizon, the evil winter green guy came to visit, so that will be my current priority, just taking initial measurements and stocking up on liquid chlorine now.

Also got replacement Taylor reagents on the way from USA now, hopefully mid next week will see them land.

Hope you get some good weather up Sydney way - its the usual hit and miss down here in Melbourne !!

Hi friends, Apologies for my extended absence from here, its been a tumultuous couple of years, back I'm back now - beginning the start up of my pool now for our Aussie summer and will no doubt need tips from the infinite wisdom on here !!! Sal

Sal:

Have relatives from Argentina to Australia, and of course from Italy to the U.S.A. Nice to have you hear, but I have a few questions:

1) How long has the pool been closed?
2) Can you see the water, and what condition is it in?
3) Have you performed a SLAM before and are you familiar with the process? You definitely have the right kit.

Your SWG will need to be off during the SLAM and your PH should be lowered to 7.2. If you have a dummy pipe, I would swap out, unless already in the plumbing.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Sal:

Have relatives from Argentina to Australia, and of course from Italy to the U.S.A. Nice to have you hear, but I have a few questions:

1) How long has the pool been closed?
2) Can you see the water, and what condition is it in?
3) Have you performed a SLAM before and are you familiar with the process? You definitely have the right kit.

Your SWG will need to be off during the SLAM and your PH should be lowered to 7.2. If you have a dummy pipe, I would swap out, unless already in the plumbing.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Hi Catanzaro,

Pool has been unused since about April.
Yup I've done a SLAM before so am familiar with the process - and yes, planning to turn the SWG off for the duration - hence my comment about stocking up on the liquid gold !!!
PH is already at 7.2 so all good there, just looking at CYA at the moment.

Water is a lovely shade of algae green at the moment - its very pretty - not !!!

Sal

- - - Updated - - -

Sal, don't forget that you can get test kit supplies from ClearChoice there in AUS-

Kits Clear Choice Labs

Maddie :flower:

Hi Maddie,

Yes I've checked out the Clear Choice Labs folks and their service is impeccable from what I hear.
I did the maths though and given that I already have a Taylors kit it was actually cheaper to buy the replacement reagents from the US rather than a new kit from Clear Choice. Seems ironic, but its true !
I always try to buy Oz when I can though, but the Clear Choice guys were just starting up when I got my Taylors kit from memory.

Sal

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.