There was a time a couple years ago where I was going nuts trying to decide how to properly cover my pool for the winter until I gave up.
treated water to shock level,cleaned , added algeacide
Drained pool to below return
plugged return and placed cover plate over skimmer
removed all equipment and lines
placed pillow in middle and covered and added some water to top
lasted a few weeks ,wind kept whipping cover,pillow deflated" garbage" , water pooled to one side,and then other end.
until frozen
went out after most snow falls and shoveled snow off the cover to keep pressure off of side walls from cover pushing down
ordered new cover since the other one that was 2 years old started to fray from the wind
placed new cover in garage attic not to use again
don't have many trees near me so I will never cover again due to the crazy work in a snow belt area. where 25 to 60 inches is normal with -50 deg wind chill .temps
have not covered for 3 years, maybe a little more cleaning in spring? but when removing that cover all that dirt still gets into pool water anyway.After a blizzard and cleaning all the snow on drive, last thing I want to do was shovel a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.