Puzzling remodel quote in SE Florida...

fll

Jun 19, 2017
Parkland, Florida
Hello TFP experts,

I am looking to remodel my 12,000 gallon free form pool, it has approximately 130 linear feet of waterline tile which includes the 1.5 foot raised spa and spillway into pool. I am in Parkland, Florida, we are looking to refinish the pool with Florida Stucco, GEM Finish, CAPRI. When I spoke with Florida Stucco they said that from a material and installation cost standpoint the two colors are identical. Am I missing something or should I find another installer? Can anyone validate the difference in the quotes or provide what they paid for a similar pool re-finish?

Florida Stucco, GEM Finish, Azure $3200
Florida Stucco, GEM Finish, Capri $4300

Thank you.

Re: Puzzling remodel quote...

Well, like the differences in price that are quoted for “regular” pool tile versus “premium” pool tile, there is literally no differences between them other than colors and textures but often a very steep price difference. It usually reflects the fact that some colors are not as popular as other and the price difference simply reflects the fact that most people will choose one over the other.

The best way to get the best price is to get three or four competitive quotes and then, after they come back, ask your preferred contractor if they will price match on the lowest one OR give cash discounts (always ask about cash discounts AFTER you receive the quotes, not before).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.