Suggestions/Feedback for AGP

Sep 20, 2017
Munith/Michigan
I am looking to buy an AGP. Looking at the pool factory’s Cameo 24x48. I plan on upgrading the liner to a 25 gauge overlap, buying the Hayward S230T 23" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Matrix, along with the roll-guard ladder, and probably adding the fencing as well. This isn’t a DIY as I am a woman retiring in June of this year. I will have someone install it for me. I was given a price of around $2500.

I am wondering about using the pool cove for the install and also the ground cover. I want the pool to be a nice install with little maintenance. I will be adding a deck the following year, a large 10 x 20 at one end. I have a lot of experience with pools, and plan on using a chlorine system. (Not the frog) Not familiar with SWG and don’t want to spend the extra $$ for a pool that is saltwater approved. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You will love having a pool! If you use the TFP way it will easy and cheap to maintain!

The ground prep is THE most important thing to do before building the pool. It is also the hardest. You need someone with skills that is willing to take their time to do it right.

Pool cove-It can be made with sand but I like the foam better as it is permanent and much easier to install with little chance of shifting or moving in any way.

The ground cover-use weed on the the dirt VERY well. I did not get a ground cover but I put this pool where an existing one was removed from and the sand is VERY thick so knew there was little chance of anything growing through the liner. You know where the pool will be going. If there is plant life there right now you might want to think about the ground cover.

If you want the ultimate bottom for your pool you can use this:

Shop (Common: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft; Actual: 0.6875-in x 3.875-ft x 7.875-ft) Expanded Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation at Lowes.com

You or your installer will have to triple tape the joints to make sure there is not chance of the liner slipping down between two pieces. Much softer on your feet and almost guarantees a smooth bottom.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.