Winter cover help

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
We live in a rural area surrounded by open fields. When we have used regular winter covers in the past they don’t even make it through winter because of wind. Even had the wind pull the cover up so hard it ripped a couple of the vertical side rails out of the ground last year. Would a micro mesh cover prevent the wind from catching and damaging the color. Are there any other options for high wind areas ? I am referring to an AGP if not clear. Thanks

If you don't need a cover because of no leaves I certainly wouldn't use one. You could test the chlorine and if needed add some periodically, just pour and use your leaf net to stir and mix.

A few things that may help if you have not tried:

Pool cover clips - inexpensive and work very well in my experience, use as many as you need

A series of ropes across the cover in the same pattern that one might cut a pizza pie - so rope goes from one side, straight across to the other, then anchored to something heavy on the ground (cinder block, water filled bleach bottle, etc.), repeat several times

Leave some water on the cover for added weight

I would agree with the above, the mesh cover is probably not worth it if you don't have concern with a ton of leaves falling in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.