OK, so robot... any great ideas for the connected spa?

BMeeley

Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2017
Woodbridge, VA
So, I'm looking at robotic pool cleaners. Leaning toward the Doheny Discovery, mostly because of the price. I guess I'll have to read up more on the main drain issue. I have two in the deep end.

Any ideas or insights for keeping the spa clean, as well? Are there mini-robots? :cool: I'm guessing I'll have to keep my vacuum line handy, but the head has always been to big and cumbersome to do a decent job in the 6' circular spa. Any good experiences or discoveries out there?

Thanks to all for the wealth of info here. Time well spent!

cheers

Look up WaterTech Pool Blaster. It’s a battery powered pool vacuum that you attach to your skimmer pole. Works great for a small volume like a spa.

That's kind of cool. Does it do well with fine stuff, like DE that always seems to settle after a backwash? Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. In the summer, I usually just hop in with the vacuum hose in hand!

I believe there are different types of filter bags for it where you can purchase a fine filter bag capable of catching stuff like DE.

Yes, I do the same thing, drop the robot in the spa every so often. Not perfect, but gets most of the stuff. I have a pool blaster as well. I've used it a few times, but really found it to be quite useless. Another thing I used to do at my old house is just drain the spa into the pool and vac it out with a wet dry vac and then fill it back up.

Loving the robot names... Wall-E is awesome!! I'll have to think of something clever when I pull the trigger and get mine. Good to know it can at least do a partial spa job. Will have to give that a shot and see what happens.

cheers

Yes, I do the same thing, drop the robot in the spa every so often. Not perfect, but gets most of the stuff. I have a pool blaster as well. I've used it a few times, but really found it to be quite useless. Another thing I used to do at my old house is just drain the spa into the pool and vac it out with a wet dry vac and then fill it back up.
Ditto.....drain spa into pool,clean spa- wet dry vac- refill with filtered water from pool. Works great on my pool/spa.

Loving the robot names... Wall-E is awesome!! I'll have to think of something clever when I pull the trigger and get mine. Good to know it can at least do a partial spa job. Will have to give that a shot and see what happens.

cheers

Yes! All robots deserve a fun name! Some of the ones on the forum that I know about are Mr T, Gillian, Hazel, Jeeves, and many more that I can’t think of at the moment. You can do a search for the thread that talks about robot names. It’s pretty fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.