Laporte tx pool build!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Finished stone on the raised beam
IMG_8105.jpg

Nice build...totally unique layout!

Thanks Cliff,
We had some strange easements to work within and this was the best pool that we could massage into that space. It bummed me at first but now I really like the uniqueness of it, and we are going to knock another garage door out of the back of the garage and it will really make it a cool space to hang out and catch some shade as well as tie in that area of the pool to the beer fridge ehh emmm... I mean garage...:D
Thanks for following along with me on the journey.

We were able to get the deck poured in between rain ☔️ I’m so ready to complete this project! All we lack now is the fire pit (where you see that little stub out) the equipment needs to be installed, quartzscape installation, and spray deck. Then comes startup!

89124F2B-1E17-4E16-88BA-4BF4A47171B7.jpg

Does it look as good in person? I like the curved joint lines! Nice touch for the freeform pool.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim!

We are very happy with everything as it comes together. I have only had a couple of small things come up, and they will be easily corrected, so I count us as lucky! The curved joint lines caught me by surprise but that is the small things that I like about letting a contractor do their profession and being happy with the small things that I would have never come up with that they do. The nice thing about our nasty weather is that I see how well the deck drains right away.

--Greg.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Soooo..... Here I sit waiting still..... This process has been testing my patience! It's either too wet and raining for plaster, or too cold, or both. We are hoping for a shot at it this weekend. The decking guys did finish spray deck between rain and weather and they did a nice job (even though that was supposed to be done last) They said they will do touch ups before final walk through. We signed a contract with the palapa builder for our next endeavor! More to come on that... It will completely cover the patio and the fireplace and have lighting and a ceiling fan and a tv mounted on both sides of the fireplace with a custom cedar mantle built for it also. I had wrought iron gates made for both sides of the fireplace to increase the safety of our pool and restrict my 5 year old from access to that area. Eventually this project will come together...:party:
fireplace.jpg

pooldeck.jpg

So today we added to the longest pool build in history.... tomorrow PB "says" equipment will go in.... I am very happy with the plaster company recommending to switch to white stonescapes mini pebble. It is very nice, and they hand finished a very smooth finish. Toscano Pool Plastering, VERY nice crew of guys.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

Attachments

• pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 199
No worries about the sideways pic. We have no idea why some pics does that :(

When will you add water?

When you do put a sock or cloth over the metal end of the hose. Make sure the hose is right on/over the main drain. Do NOT stop the water once it starts filling!! If you need to slow it down so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night you can do that but do NOT stop the water until it is in the middle of the skimmer face.

Do not allow the spa to overflow into the pool until the pool is full. Any kind of water running down the side of the new plaster could cause streaking.

You water might have a slight green tint. This is VERY normal as the plaster cures and the water gets balanced.

Just a few more after getting them uploaded.

image5.jpgimage4.jpgimage2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Kim,

Thanks! Water is going right now and will go through the night. The plaster guys put a cloth over it and I am working nights tonight. I have a webcam on the pool with a light so I can monitor it from work. We don't have a spa so no worries there.

No worries about the sideways pic. We have no idea why some pics does that :(

When will you add water?

When you do put a sock or cloth over the metal end of the hose. Make sure the hose is right on/over the main drain. Do NOT stop the water once it starts filling!! If you need to slow it down so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night you can do that but do NOT stop the water until it is in the middle of the skimmer face.

Do not allow the spa to overflow into the pool until the pool is full. Any kind of water running down the side of the new plaster could cause streaking.

You water might have a slight green tint. This is VERY normal as the plaster cures and the water gets balanced.

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 193

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.