Jul 13, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It's been a long process but the pool is filling! We still have some hard & landscaping to do yet. It's been a long process and I'm so happy it's just about over.

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpg
    IMG_2583.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 243
It says your pool is 16x31. Have you measured the width from waterline tile to waterline tile? And is is 16ft? I ask because im in the process of setting my layout and want to see if its common for PB's to set the layout at 16ft then do concrete and rebar inside that 16ft diameter resulting in a less wider pool. If that makes sense.

From what I’ve seen here, for all except fiberglass pools, length and width are of the water surface area. Fiberglass pools measurements includes the lip for those interested.

Depth is another story. That one you have to be very specific on.

Mind you, be specific on both but L and W are pretty standard.

I see. So when setting the layout boards for an inground pool i would assume you would have to account for the thickness of the pools bondbeam to get the water surface area to be 16ft wide? For example if you are going 16 wide and the bondbeam is 4'' thick you would set the boards at 16ft and 4inches ?

I just measured and it is 16' from tile to tile. I only have a 25' tape measure so I'm gonna take the PB's word about the 31'.

Here's a picture from the other side. Ignore the construction fence and the ugly shed. We still have some hardscaping left to do and the shed will be remodeled and become a pool house. We have pretty strict land disturbance regulations in Fairfax County that requires some of the build to happen in phases.IMG_2587.jpg6B886AAB-8F54-473C-8FD7-CDFAB2560C09.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.