The First SUMMER WAS GREAT!

Sep 7, 2016
Inola, OK
I came on this board last fall, after buying a used 26' x 52" Intex, and asked for advice. I'm a single, older, adoptive mom of an 8-yr-old girl, and asked for help doing this right, but on a budget.

I can't thank you all enough for the advice. The pool has been a great addition to the back yard, I feel like I only bought what was needed, the foam boards were kind of spendy, but you guys were right, they were worth it. I ordered the recommended test kit and once I got the water balanced, the pool has been easy to maintain. I haven't added liquid chlorine for the past month, the SWG is doing its job, and there hasn't been an algae problem even once this summer.

I feel confident in my closing plan, which I'll do in the next 10 days. As the weather cools a bit, I'm going to work on some landscape around the pool, brining in a border and river rocks.

Next spring, at opening, I'll be installing the Hayward through-the-wall skimmer, following the instructions you have shared.

THANKS SO MUCH!

J,

It is comments like yours that make our day and the main reason most of us are here...

Since things worked so well for you, please think about becoming a "supporter" to help ensure our continued existence..

Thanks again for the feedback,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.