Replacing Intellichlor ic20

Sep 19, 2017
Cocoa Beach
have an Intellichlor ic20 that has worked perfect for the last six years since my in-ground concrete 15,000 gallon pool was built. Flow light and salt light came on, added 2 bags of salt, was still blinking, tested water now salt hight at 3,800. Know I have do get salt # down (drain a little and dilute). Pool company says cell probably needs replacing, wants almost $900 to replace it. Can buy new one from reputable online pool store for just over $500. What is the downside for doing this to save almost $400. Any advice from anyone greatly appreciated.

What is the downside for doing this to save almost $400.
The pool store owner may not be able to make his boat payment?

If you have DIY skills, this is a great project. But, lets see if any of our SWG experts can do a little troubleshooting with you.

Remember to add liquid chlorine to the pool while the SWG is not producing chlorine.

There is a slight possibility your Flow Sensor is bad. However, it normally just goes bad on the Low Salt warning due to the temperature sensor going bad. The flow sensor portion rarely fails.

Use the % of cell life left diagnostics. Hold the More button for over 3 seconds. The lights will flash and then the lights on the % setting will light up. If 60% lights up, then 60% of the life is used, if 100%, the cell is done.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, will try it a.m. Had heavy rains from Hurricane Irma so that is why I thought the blinking "add salt" may have been correct, rarely have to add salt. Never saw the flow light before. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I take the cell off to clean it, so it would be like reinstalling cell but would be a new one. Will check that one on eBay.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, check chemicals every day (my hobby) Added chlorine due to Hurricane Wilma.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.