Pump Motor Electrical Connector Cracked

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I accidentally cracked the 90deg nylon electrical connector that is directly connected to the side of the pool pump motor. But I am not sure how to replace it.

Firstly, am I right that it is a 1/2" connector to the pool pump motor?

Secondly, how do I remove the connector itself? The elbow doesn't appear to have a way to twist off without twisting the entire conduit which is not possible.

Thanks for any help.

The connector is a 1/2" conduit connector. You will need to kill power to the pump at the breaker and take the back cover of the pump off then undo the wires powering the pump. You should then be able to loosen the compression nut connecting the 90 to the conduit and separate them pulling the wires out throw the 90. Get a new 90 from a hardware store (bring the old one with you to match the type of fitting) and reinstall. If you are unsure of wiring things take pictures of everything before you take it apart. The pictures will show you exactly where everything gets connected back to.

I'm assuming you have flexible sealtight conduit (grey plastic that is flexible like a hose) if you have ridged conduit that may or may not change how it comes apart. Post a picture of the broken part if you have any other questions.

The connector is a 1/2" conduit connector. You will need to kill power to the pump at the breaker and take the back cover of the pump off then undo the wires powering the pump. You should then be able to loosen the compression nut connecting the 90 to the conduit and separate them pulling the wires out throw the 90. Get a new 90 from a hardware store (bring the old one with you to match the type of fitting) and reinstall. If you are unsure of wiring things take pictures of everything before you take it apart. The pictures will show you exactly where everything gets connected back to.

I'm assuming you have flexible sealtight conduit (grey plastic that is flexible like a hose) if you have ridged conduit that may or may not change how it comes apart. Post a picture of the broken part if you have any other questions.

Okay thanks. I guess the key is that you have to thread the wires out of the old connector and then thread the wires after you have screwed in the new connector. The issue is that it looks like that won't be that easy to force the wires through the new connector but I guess there's no other way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.