LifeTime Supporter
Mar 20, 2013
Crystal Lake Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last week we finally had our liner change happen and it went great. I had originally scheduled it for late April, but with all of the above normal precipitation we had from April to July, we rescheduled it for the first week of September, and it has been very dry..so it worked out. It took me about a day and a half to empty it out with a decent pump we got at Harbor Freight, my cover pump and fish tank python for the last 1/2 inch. My pool was installed on 2014...the liner being only 3 years old, but it sprung a leak the first day we started filling and the patches looked worse everytime..then someone swam with a bobby pin and it sank to the bottom and left a nice rust stain on it..also the floor had some annoying divots here and there that seemed to get worse. This time it was carefully compacted and we added a happy bottom pad. Some folks here have this liner and I always loved it..but I was always concerned about it being a tad too dark than I like..but it actually shimmers beautifully in the sun.

20170908_084755.jpg

20170908_084818.jpg

20170908_151017.jpg

20170911_105137.jpg

The portifino!!! We have the same liner. :) I absolutely love it and it looks so good in the sun. It changes shades of blue through out the day when I look out at it or even from sun to shade as the trees begin to shade it. This is the second year with it and it still looks as vivid as day one. The purples in ours have faded some but it's still bright and colorful. You made an excellent choice!!

I also have the Portifino. Love the liner. Mine has faded with full sun.

Here is my liner fade after 12 seasons in full sun. Really lost alot of color this year. Could have been the dry acid to lower PH at start of year and not enough brushing after adding. Still holds water! You can see where I put a puck under the stairs to combat algae before TFP. Wrinkles and color loss.

Liner Fade.jpg

Nice liner. Ours is very similar and I really like the bottom pattern. It gives the pool that extra shimmer effect.
In your original install, what is that under the stairs? Did you reuse it with the new liner?

The pad under the stairs? Yes..I reused it. Still in great shape. I give it a good clean at the beginning and end of every season.

I also have the Portifino. Love the liner. Mine has faded with full sun.

I hope you are on the mend! I looked through your pictures just to see what it looks like in the sun! Most of the pictures I had found were on cloudy days..I am obsessed with the shimmer!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my liner fade after 12 seasons in full sun. Really lost alot of color this year. Could have been the dry acid to lower PH at start of year and not enough brushing after adding. Still holds water! You can see where I put a puck under the stairs to combat algae before TFP. Wrinkles and color loss.

View attachment 69247

Wow...12 seasons? I would be happy if it lasts over 5! Do you only use dry acid for your PH?

- - - Updated - - -

The portifino!!! We have the same liner. :) I absolutely love it and it looks so good in the sun. It changes shades of blue through out the day when I look out at it or even from sun to shade as the trees begin to shade it. This is the second year with it and it still looks as vivid as day one. The purples in ours have faded some but it's still bright and colorful. You made an excellent choice!!

It is a beautiful and unique pattern..and interestingly enough.. you cannot find it at any pool stores around here..

Only had to really deal with PH this year. My TA used to be 90 and PH would stay at 7.5-7.6 all year. (Shouldn't have posted my PH never moves.) This year after adding water went up to 110 and PH was 8 at opening. Had dry left over thought I mixed it up well before adding guess I didn't brush as well as I thought. Starting using MA this year, WAAAAAY better and easier. Just have to get over the first pour.

And the 2016 was on cloudy day, and 2017 bright sun into my face. Shimmer on the water doesn't help either. 2016 in May and 2017 in September.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.