Here we GO!! Conversion starting TODAY July 21st!

You're getting close. Tonight, make sure you do the overnight test correctly.

You add your last addition of bleach to reach 15, then you wait 30 minutes and test again. Compare the last test to the a.m. test.

If you lose 1ppm or less, you are golden and you can change out the sand and add CYA. :wink: Then you will keep 15 as your level until the CC drops - when the CC is .5 or less for 2 consecutive nights you are "done".

frustratedpoolmom said:
Then you will keep 15 as your level until the CC drops - when the CC is .5 or less for 2 consecutive nights you are "done".

Explain just a little please... Do I continue to keep my FC at 15 like I have been doing by topping off with bleach all dang day?? LOL!?

My garbage man HATES me!!

Sure. Once your FC holds overnight, you can change out the sand and add CYA.

Then you still need to maintain the FC of 15** until the CC is .5 for two consecutive nights. That could take 3 or 4 days...does that make sense? You aren't tech "done" until the CC is .5 or less for 2 nights.

**At this point of the conversion, it won't be necessary to test more than morning and night. Most of the FC will simply be consumed by sunlight as most of the Baq has been oxidized at this point. So to save on bleach, you can just test and add bleach in the a.m. and p.m., as you are just looking for the FC and CC levels to stabilize. So no, you won't have to test and bump the FC all day long, you deserve a nice break :cheers:

Thanks Jason!! Just one more question (Yeah right...)

How much CYA do I need to get it to the recommended levels? My pool is in almost FULL sunlight all day so I think I will need more than the 30ppm level. I'm probably going to lean toward 50ppm... What do you think??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here are a few pics of the sand after I changed it this morning... Keep in mind, I had Water Mold 2 weeks ago and changed the sand then... So this sand has only been exposed to Baquagoo for abt 3 weeks...

100_3076.jpg

100_3079.jpg

100_3082.jpg

100_3081.jpg

100_3075.jpg

I purchased some "Stabilizer" from Wally World only NOW to read the lable and it is Trichlor... Will this work to add my CYA or do I need to take it back and get something else? Per the Pool Calc, I need 5 lbs to bring me from ZERO to 50ppm... Just curious..

Eek.

Thanks for posting those sand pics. I wanted to see what goo looked like after a conversion.

Ended up going to Rec Warehouse... Their's was $7.99 for a 5lb tub...

Ok NOW I have another ?.. I'm adding my CYA now via a sock... Should I still bump the FC to 15 tonight and check again in the morning and continue to do this until the CYA starts to register?? My CC was .5 this morning and my FC held at 14 which only dropped .5 all night...

Also, Can we swim during the day while adding the CYA or should we just wait... I don't think the FC's are high since we have been in full sun all day...

Sorry for all the questions....

As long as CC remains at 0.5 or lower, you can start swimming 24 hours after you add CYA.

Keep FC at 15 overnight until CC is 0.5 for 24 hours after adding CYA. During the day doesn't really matter at this point, and there is no real need to do an overnight FC loss test.

Ok. An update on my conversion. I AM DONE!!

We have been testing after adding the CYA and here are the results

7-27 am

FC-5
CC- .5
TA- 120
CYA- 50
ph 7.5

and this morning
FC- 4.5
CC.5

I have not added any bleach since Sunday.

How does that sound??

One more thing. We are expecting LOTS of rain over the next couple of days. Something like 5-7 inches!! Should I bump up my FC's because of the rain, or just keep an eye on it?? I would hate to ruin my masterpiece!

Thanks to TFP for all the help!
:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.