New Pool - Temecula, CA

rmklaw

Aug 27, 2009
We are in Temecula and Gardner Pools recently finished our PebbleTec Black Pearl. We decided to discontinue use of the SWG and went with Pentair Intellichem instead. Very happy so far.

Re: New Pool/Spa Build - Temecula, CA

I will take some more pictures this week. It looks really good with Black Marble. Water is dark bluish Emerald green. Chemistry has settled and remains steady. We added Intellichem and Screenlogic2 for full automation and remote monitoring.

Based on our experience with the process, it was worth every extra penny to go with PebbleTec and Gardner Pools.

Thanks guys. I went against the tide to get the pool dialed in. I discontinued my PoolPilot Total Control SWCG, and instead, I installed an Intellichem with Acid and chlorine tanks. The automatic ORP and PH has been operating fantastic for weeks. It keeps without manual adjustments, the PH at 7.4 and Chlorine at 2.0. Keeping the ALK at 80-90. I was skeptical of the ability to keep FC using ORP, but it works like a charm. My maintenance is limited to vacuum and brushing and adding a little ALK-up once or twice weekly. Readings are:

FC: 2
TC: 2
PH: 7.4
ALK: 85
CH: 350
CYA: 30
TDS: 850

Good luck with the Intellichem. History tells us they work good for a short while, then the probes fail or drift away from being accurate. And it will be quite difficult to maintain your FC next summer with a CYA of 30 in your climate.

But, good luck on giving it a try.

Take care.

Thanks mknaus. The CYA:30-40 is a warranty requirement from PebbleTec. It has been stable through the late summer heat spell. Other readings are also as per PebbleTec requirements. As far as ORP, I had ORP in my old Pool Pilot Total Control with no complaints, other than failure of the PH sensor.

Reason I decided to switch back to liquid Chlorine is that with the salt and possible minerals or impurities in the salt, I spent years fighting stains in the old pool, even with chemistry spot-on. Want to take no chances with PebbleTec.

Great for you! You are literally the only person to ever post on this forum that I have seen that the ORP system works in an outdoor pool.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.