Large covered patio wall need suggestions/ideas

SpringPool

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
San Antonio TX
So the pool is finished, the landscaping is being completed and we now have this giant wall to finish. I'm looking for ideas suggestions. It's 22' wide by 15' tall. I have gas plumbed into the back so I was thinking a ventless fireplace of some type. I could mount a tv but I have electric and the network/cable box on the corner wall by the door (behind this picture on the right)

possible build some storage selves/cabinets into part of the wall (it's 5 ft deep with a storage area)

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Erik

IMG_0782.jpg IMG_0796.jpg

Wow, talk about a blank canvas with endless possibilities! I like your idea of a ventless gas fireplace and of course, a TV, as we absolutely LOVE watching TV outside by our pool. Looks like an amazing spot for an outdoor bar with all weather cabinets (can never have too much storage), refrigerator(s), sink, stone backsplash or accents running up the wall, etc.

Can you snake electrical and cable/HDMI and IR repeater lines up and over to that wall?

We should be able to get cable and network to that wall but the corner wall is more covered and protected. The outdoor kitchen and bar will be in the back right corner to help block the noise from the ac units and pool equipment. I've added that picture for reference. You can see my old grill and smoker there now.

When I think about what to do it's overwhelming.

IMG_3661.jpg

First off we need to make it "pretty". I would have someone paint a mural on it! For me is would be a tropical one with lots of bright flowers and pretty birds and such. There are even mural wallpapers that would look great there. It might be a trick to find the right glue to make it stay up outside but I bet it could be done! Even if you just prime it for right now you will be happier with it and will give you some time to think or let me come up with some ideas if you like the mural idea :angel:

Next.........you said 5' deep with a storage area..........please expand on that. I am guessing you already have the storage area on the other side somewhere?

I can see a tall door to fit floats in. Another one to put the net pole in. You can have the storage even if you have the mural as it will be done with the doors being a part of the mural so the door will not even stand out.

Kim:kim:

I have a set of doors on the back side. Also all the electrical junction boxes are in there as well which keeps them out of site and dry. I like the mural idea. I had planned to pick up a woops paint from Home Depot it just didn't happen yet

I have to agree with the TV idea .... we just finished a bunch of backyard renovations and just LOVE watching TV out here!

i-XPmcxCF-X5.jpg

Now that's a lineup!!! Only one guy with less than 19 home runs...

Fireplace is ok too. :cool: I'd be in for wood plank and stone theme, with a BIG tv. That wall seems like the natural place to watch tv on.

I have to agree with the TV idea .... we just finished a bunch of backyard renovations and just LOVE watching TV out here!

i-XPmcxCF-X5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now that's a lineup!!! Only one guy with less than 19 home runs...

Fireplace is ok too. :cool: I'd be in for wood plank and stone theme, with a BIG tv. That wall seems like the natural place to watch tv on.

Well, I'm a lifelong Yankee fan so I snapped the photo just a second too late after they announced the winning team's lineup ;-)

But yes - I'd 100% go with a TV on that wall. Having said that ..... the TV on our fireplace is from SunBriteTV - totally outdoor rated, all-weather, in-full-sunlight-and-everything TV. Your space is shaded and covered. Having said that ... Part of me thinks you'd still be best off with an "outdoor" TV (ie. SunBrite's Veranda series) if it's in the budget. An indoor TV just won't do well in the extreme temperature swings and blowing/driving rain. Of course, you could just get a $400 Vizio at Costco and see what happens. Even if you get 2 years out of it, you'd come out way ahead. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.