Sta-Rite 3 Cartridge filter

Aug 20, 2017
Canada
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice from people that have this filter.

First off I have a 33" above ground pool with a 1.5hp Hayward pump and currently have a sand filter which I am replacing with a cartridge filter. From what I have read the bigger the better so I know both these cartridge filter are oversized for me. Just means less cleaning for me:D

I was just about to buy a Hayward C4030 filter(425sq ft). I contacted Hayward and there is no minimum flow rate for this filter.

Then a Sta-rite 3 S8M500 (500sq ft) come up for sale at a great price. I read somewhere that they have a minimum flow rate somewhere but know I can't find it. I just want to make sure my pump is ok for it. Both have high flow rates and I'm not concerned about that.

Can anyone advised if the Sta-rite does have a minimum flow rate

Thanks in advance.

Ok thanks for checking. I thought somewhere it said it had a 50GMP-150GMP so I thought there might be a minimum.

I should also say that the pool is about 25000 gal and is only run for 4 months and I will clean the filter hopefully once in the 4 months

Welcome to the forum --

Please add a signature -- in your first post you said you had a 33" above ground pool and the next post it is 25000 gallons! Must be absolutely huge in diameter to only be 33" deep! That is why we like a signature!

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

The only thing I know about the system 3 filters is from what I've seen on the forums where people that own them hate them because they are such a pain to clean.

But I suppose if you could get away with only cleaning at once per year maybe that would be tolerable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.