Researching my options

Hi all. New member here. I am almost convinced to put a pool in my yard. I have the room for a 21' round and would like to sink it halfway in ground. I live in Az. And my soil is very good for this kind of install. Excellent drainage and very stable. The weather here is good for year round use without a lot of heat added. No winterizing is needed. I will do most of the work myself. Probably hire the excavation.
Here is a link to a pool I am looking at. Grand Bahama EZ 54" Resin Above Ground Swimming Pool Kit
I would go with their SWG add on. Also the Premium package option with the free upgrades. So around $3000 plus $300 for the SWG.
I understand that my fencing and deck will add considerably to my overall budget.
I would like to hear any concerns you all may have about this pool package I am looking at. I am not married to this deal yet so please make any recommendations even some other pools.
Thanks.

HI! What a fun time for you!

I would check to see if burying the pool will void the warranty before you commit to it.

On the equipment I would go as big as you can with the sand filter. Mean less cleaning needed.

The pump-it does not say if it is 1 or 2 speed. It needs to be a 2 speed to help save you on your power bill.

Kim:kim:

Nice pool, 10 inch top rail.
What kind of swg?
Your "free" options are worth 1,000$, sometimes it is best to avoid that option and add in stuff you can actually use.
For instance winter cover? buy a Tf100-xl with that money.
Pool maintenance kits, the poles on these can be flimsy I like to look at them in person, same with the vac head.
Free cleaner, I have one like that not being used this year.
Chemical startup kit, take this money and buy some salt, cya and bleach.
They do offer a 2 speed pump but it is 2 hp, uses more power right at the 2hp. I have been using a 1 hp with 19 inch sand filter on my 24 foot np the last three years, you may want to go with a larger one say 24 inch, being in the desert you won't want to add too much water because of frequent backwashes. Or better yet go with a cartridge or DE filter, large.
Partial bury most of the times negates warranty, as Kim mentioned double check that with a quick phone call.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to check some threads on filter systems. I thought that cartridge filters were a pain to clean, but maybe new stuff now is way better. DE is also a mystery to me. The use the money wisely approach is what I would like. The warranty does cover partial bury. A two speed pump is a must. I want a cleaner that works for sure.
My wife has concerns about the time and effort needed to maintain a TFP. I have to give her good info to get the harmony needed for this project. I will check which SWG they sell. I know they have an inline set up for $700.

Time and effort, I test a few times a week, vac a few times a week, brush the walls on sundays. I do a good visual inspection daily though, just making sure the shine is on. So 5 minutes a day with up to two-three hours per week for vaccing etc.
The recommended size for a swg is double the size of your pool.
People seem to have the most success with larger DE and cartridge systems, if sized big enough some report cleaning the cartridges yearly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.