15 x 30 oval how many people without being cramped?

May 7, 2017
Northern NJ
So I'm looking at the 15 x 30 and an 18 x 33. I have 3 young kids my husband and myself. Most the time the pool be used by my 3 kids all under 10 and a friend or two. I saw a 15 by 26 in the showroom and it looks big enough but I'm just wondering for those of you that have a 15 x 30 how many people can you comfortably have in it?

I would go the biggest we can afford but my husband is really not into having the pool in the first place so I can't have something humongous

I have a 15x30 with a wife and 3 kids. Even with extra guests over the pool have never felt small. Our kids jump off the deck endlessly and there is always room for that too even with the other people in the pool. On the other hand I would have gone bigger if I could have fit it in 18x33 was my first choice.

I have a 15x30 with a wife and 3 kids. Even with extra guests over the pool have never felt small. Our kids jump off the deck endlessly and there is always room for that too even with the other people in the pool. On the other hand I would have gone bigger if I could have fit it in 18x33 was my first choice.

Thanks, that's helpful as we are the same size. It certainly looks big in your pictures

Yes, got it with the pool and an added expense. It was worth not worrying about small children pulling something close and climbing in. It's about 3' high dug into the slope. I believe it was +/- 1200 on 06.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got hubby to agree to the 18x33! We marked out the 15x30 and he was like "yup that is plenty big enough". So then I started to talk about not wanting to be splashed every 2 seconds when I am sitting on the pool float as the kids jump in a thousand times. So I requested marking out the 18x33 just to see and then I pulled over a lounge cushion and asked 2 of the kids to get into the area with me and he started to see how it quickly fills up the space. I honestly think the 15x30 would be fine but we have a huge back yard and it is not that much more expense, so why not get a little bigger than we need and have no regrets?

We are a family of 5, also (3 kids). We ended up with an 18x40. I thought it would be too big, but my husband sold me on it and I'm glad we got that size and not a bit smaller. My husband can swim laps back and forth and there's tons of room for the kids and the rafts, toys, etc.

Here's a pic after it was installed.

IMG_0367.jpg

Oh my gosh guys, I just did the survey to scale and unless my measurements are seriously off the 18x33 looks huge! The house is 3,500 square feet to give you an idea (not including the screened porch the pool is behind). The pool is the huge oval. Now I'm concerned this thing is going to be a monster, lol.

18486360_10155301281592813_5015413990277183936_n.jpg

Oh my gosh guys, I just did the survey to scale and unless my measurements are seriously off the 18x33 looks huge! The house is 3,500 square feet to give you an idea (not including the screened porch the pool is behind). The pool is the huge oval. Now I'm concerned this thing is going to be a monster, lol.

We marked it with cones in the grass. Seeing it in relation to the house this way is a bit shocking....

An 18x33 pool is large, but "only" 525 sqft, lol. Judging by the 37' measurement on the right side, your hand drawn pool looks about right. you cant really compare to the 3500 sqft because your house is more than one level. But, you did want a big pool. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.