15’ Intex , first pool, 3rd attempt putting it up

AmandaHimel

Jun 8, 2020
Spokane valley, WA
New to the group. Purchased a couple weeks ago a 15’ Intex Pool. I am on my 3rd try of setting it up. Lol.
First consisted of this can’t be that difficult and looks like a good spot ... no prep. , no research.
Second attempt, after some research on un level pools , moved to flattest area in the yard , filled it , was 6 inches off and poles were leaning .
On my third try now after many sleepless nights , mad kids and frustration. Drained pool again . Dug out the sod, dug out the high end , leveled ( I’m not an expert , just a mom trying for some summer fun) , brought in a truck of dirt. Got pavers . Leveled each leg . Watched 6,349 you tube videos and now I’m filling it and still 2 inches off 😫😫😫😫
Just sending some pics and see if anyone with similar experience just left it at 2” off
I accidentally posted this in the wrong section first time

Attachments

• D7B441F0-F1DE-4E7A-9C35-FE3CBC820A1E.jpeg
    D7B441F0-F1DE-4E7A-9C35-FE3CBC820A1E.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 745F5F35-D29B-4D78-AC42-4CB581339CF7.jpeg
    745F5F35-D29B-4D78-AC42-4CB581339CF7.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 3C3A68B7-43C7-4BFB-9CE0-D818EFFFC90D.jpeg
    3C3A68B7-43C7-4BFB-9CE0-D818EFFFC90D.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: rj2222
If it were any more than two inches, I wouldn’t chance it.

Leveling is definitely the worst part!

Leveling is definitely the most terrible, time-consuming part. 2 inches is definitely better than 6 inches! Just make sure people aren't pushing off or trying to jump on the walls, you'll probably be alright then. now you can relax and enjoy it until you re-level to an inch or less next year. First year with one of these is always a learning experience.

Same here but my wife made me hurry so kids could swim. 2 inches off as well and no pavers.

I have prepared her that it's going down in a few months and to prepare for it. At first, I didn't care and several videos don't emphasize level and several said to not use pavers but then I found TFP so it's gonna be fixed

Reactions: AmandaHimel
Reactions: splashpad
Oooohhh, that's not a bad idea. Doesn't break the bank or your back. 14" deep compaction is awesome. So you took the tiller to it first? Then came through with the North Star? Is it basically level at that point or did you screed it? What's the next step?

I was fit to be tied...I leveled the dirt, then leveled the steel, then leveled the pavers, leveled a small village and it looked good and all, but at 62 pounds per cubic foot, that water is smashing, creating dips and hills and valleys. Deep compact definitely makes sense. Pools are hot commodities right now so we can't afford to mess this one up. This machine tamper is a really good call.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.