What level of FC is safe to swim?

You may swim in your pool if your FC is at or below shock level, you can see the bottom of the pool, and your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8.

Your shock level at 70 is FC 28.

I had s little green algae in my pool so I shocked for three days and ran the pump continuously with brushing and vacuuming. Everything looks good now but my FC is at 16ppm.

At what level is is safe for my kids to swim at?
For future reference, we always recommend the SLAM Process process to eradicate algae.

If you did not follow the SLAM procedure, you should at the least perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure the algae has been completely eliminated.

it may actually be closer to 50, i am not great at that test since it is kind of subjective and one eye sees better than the other :)

I think I have followed SLAM, i followed the directions on the SLAM page. the pool is very clear and no traces of algae or cloudiness.

Did you continue until your CC was 0.5ppm or less, and the pool passed an OCLT? You can't tell if all the microscopic algae spores are gone by looking at clear water.

Which test kit are you using?

I used liquid bleach to shock for 3 days and one day I used a granular product that I had.

i am sorry, I am not sure what an OCLT is? the CC is 0. I ran the FC test and once clear added three drops of R003 and it stayed clear and did not change color at all.

I am using the TF-100 test kit.

I used liquid bleach to shock for 3 days and one day I used a granular product that I had.

i am sorry, I am not sure what an OCLT is? the CC is 0. I ran the FC test and once clear added three drops of R003 and it stayed clear and did not change color at all.

I am using the TF-100 test kit.
In post # 5 I linked to the OCLT

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.