Pool remodel has commenced!

Thank you all. Met with PB today and he is trying to push us towards an onyx pearl finish. May just do it. Tile will be completely done by next week. They ran out and are awaiting the new order to finish. The PB has decided to chip out the entire existing finish as it was applied without a bondkote. So far so good. Still not completely feeling how dark the tile is and its contrast with the pavers, but we have already committed. Anyway, hopefully when all said and done, it will look great...

Onyx pearl

67fdbec04cb176d9b7208dee4180df74.jpg

Went to see 2 pools that the PB did today. He wanted me to see both finishes in person since we are having a difficult time choosing. Posting this so others can see the difference between CLI's crystalstone smooth onyx pearl and gray harbor. We are going with the gray.

f2ee1c2fd0fc0d9cdfcb973923d1e9eb.jpg

7c95525328f0ee01466ce327cbed0df7.jpg

They both looked very different.

The onyx looked completely black. To me the camera brought out the color. I couldn't really see it with the naked eye.

The gray looked just like it did in the picture. Full of teal hues. Full Sun was out for both.

I do too. I have seen the gray look blue in some pics. I am hoping it will blue up in time. That pool I pictured was filled 3 days prior to me taking the picture so the true color hasn't fully been exposed based on what I have read or at least hope.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well pool plaster has been delayed due to the hurricane that is coming. PB told me to fill the pool with the bond kote so it doesn't pop out of the ground. I wonder if the pool will sustain any damage. Don't want to have to shell out additional money and waste what I have invested so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.