Pool remodel has commenced!

A little more progress. Weather has been terrible. Installed a black marble spillover ledge, Replaced old skimmer with a black Hayward skim-master, installed gray jets, and installed a little more tile.

26a7d0b78ad1345fd0a8e93cce768579.jpg

Well. Was looking great until today. The grout job was so awful that it looks like they tried to hide the tile behind the grout. The PB said to not panic that the grout needs to be cleaned and acid washed, but I don't see how now that it is dried. It looks horrendous.

227cbeec2219721fdceb4d6031069a5f.jpg

ff8aa1c4dae38d76e079818de68284fe.jpg
7e07b4a374f02ae87c5f826f3023a3a7.jpg

No words just a big sad for you :( I know I always say "wait for the artist to say they are done before judging" BUT man.........that is hard to look at. I am hoping your PB is right.

Kim (NO cheering on this one)

I've had similar tile installed in bathrooms for clients and it ALWAYS looks crazy when grouted. I bet you'll be thrilled once it's cleaned!! Didn't you say you'd seen something similar from your PB? Hang in there! I look forward to your next posts and predict you will be happy! [emoji4]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On post #19 of this thread you say "after I saw PB work"...did you not see this type of application? I have no idea how it will turn out but it can be fixed/changed so don't over worry.

There were a couple of stages during my build that I completely freaked out. Like when they installed my tile I hated it but now I see that it actually works well for our pool. There is a lot of stone under the grout that will be exposed so hand in there...

I wouldn't spend time worrying about the grout. It will turn out great. I second what AmyJo said. When it's a bathroom they clean it the day put the grout on so people hardly ever see the mess. It's good to bring up to the pb (I would ask too). But his response would put me at ease. The focus will be the stones, not the grout when they are done. Now they are covered with grout. The acid wash will have them looking like they did when you loved them! :)

Yeah. I did see PB work, but these guys subcontract so I don't know if this crew has actually handled any of the jobs I have seen. The installers were adamant that the final product wouldn't change much so that's why I am freaking out, but the boss assured me it would be fine so I am just holding out till the end of the day. Thanks for your responses. Definitely easing the pain some. Lol

Yea!!! See? It's only going to look better and better. The stone holds onto grout much longer than a glazed or shiny tile. So glad to see your post!! [emoji4]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.