New to TFP - Help with Hayward DE Filter Please

Hi everyone,

Bought our house about three years ago. Ingroumd vinyl lined pool hasn't been opened for "um-teen" years. I'm close to getting it opened - a little late in the season but it's better than never, right!

I have a stainless steel DE720 Hayward filter. It has been in the garage. I noticed the air relief wasn't on there so I bought a new one - a DEX2400 I think was the model number. How exactly does this attach to the filter housing? There's just a hole on the top of the housing, and the air relief is threaded, but the threads are way too small for the hole. It seems there is something missing at the top of my filter that would "receive" the air relief valve.

Adam,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all pool owners whose pools have been asleep for "um-teen" years... :drown:

Most stainless filters I have seen were all very old.. not sure about yours. How about a picture so that we are all on the same page...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Adam,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all pool owners whose pools have been asleep for "um-teen" years... :drown:

Most stainless filters I have seen were all very old.. not sure about yours. How about a picture so that we are all on the same page...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't let me before. Sorry about that

7a808cf5455ed7dd7e2fb9439c37ddc3.jpg

a6e911d80cdb01f989bdd09064033152.jpg

4a7af963b9622f92f2154f3a918d4279.jpg

Oh man I feel stupid. Thanks for the help everyone. I looked at two other diagrams and neither one showed a separate nut and washer. I should have went to Inyo pools! They seem like a pretty good company. Ordered my liner from them. [emoji106]

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.