SWG with in-ground vinyl and steel frame structure

Aug 1, 2017
Sewell/NJ
All,
i am pretty new to the site but i am in the process of purchasing a 16x36 in-ground vinyl pool. I wanted to add the Salt Water Chlorine Generator. One of the other sales person for another pool company said that SWG with steel framing was not a good idea because eventually the Salt Water wood eat thru or rust the frame? Anyone with any personal or professional experience that can speak to this claim would be appreciated.

Thank you,
LD

Welcome to the forum!

The low level of salt needed in a SWCG pool doe not appreciably accelerate the rusting of a steel walled pool. Now, your overall climate and your maintenance of the overall water chemistry has a major effect on rusting of the pool walls.

It is important to have a proper test kit to regularly manage your water chemistry. The use muriatic acid to keep pH between 7.2 and 7.8 is imperative with a SWCG pool.

Do some more research, read through pool school, etc.

Glad to have you -- take care.

Thank you for your response mknauss

Welcome to the forum!

The low level of salt needed in a SWCG pool doe not appreciably accelerate the rusting of a steel walled pool. Now, your overall climate and your maintenance of the overall water chemistry has a major effect on rusting of the pool walls.

It is important to have a proper test kit to regularly manage your water chemistry. The use muriatic acid to keep pH between 7.2 and 7.8 is imperative with a SWCG pool.

Do some more research, read through pool school, etc.

Glad to have you -- take care.

Salt = sodium and chlorine Bleach = sodium and chlorine. Ask them to explain the difference.

Am I sounding like a broken record?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.