Replaced Burnt Light, Now Fixture Leaks

bbretz

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
Queen Creek, AZ
Hope there are some ideas out there. We have what seems to be a regular can light (Hayward or Pentair I think, gasket is a little over 8 inches) in our 16K gal pool and spa combo running 120v. We replaced the 500w bulb with an LED light that we love. We replaced the gasket after cleaning the glass lens and the outer housing before putting the ring back on. We have tried and retried 4 times and it still leaks. We aligned to where it says top, we tightened lighter, then more the next time with the same result. First, I can say is that the LED comes out almost flush to the can so I am thinking that could be an issue. (I have no pics yet but to test if this is the issue I have a replacement 500w that I could put in) Second, the ring to tighten seems a little bent out of shape so am wondering if that could be an issue. Either way this will be the 5th time trying to get it right. Any ideas or answers to these questions or thoughts would be great. One weird question I have is how tight should we tighten the screw around the collar??? I have seen folks on youtube do it fairly loose and also really tight. Pool store folks aren't a good help. Thanks for listening TFP. Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.