Two T-15s are misbehaving similarly

Jul 18, 2017
Grosse Ile, MI
Along with a monster pool, we inherited two T-15 cells and two AquaRite boards with firmware 1.40. They seemed to be okay when we started up but they were reading salt lower than our test strips. Right now, my strips show salt at 4000. The cells are reading 1700 or 1900 depending on the day. Needless to say, the Check Salt and Inspect Cell lights are on on both.

I need to get a stand to acid clean them. I checked with a store and they would send them out for testing. Maybe we'll do that in November.

I saw that maybe the wrong cell in selected, but that isn't displaying in the scroll. Should I be checking for fried boards?

You should only clean a SWCG if it needs it. The acid bath reduces its life.

Salt strips are pretty tough to say they are accurate. Any chance you can take the water sample to a pool store (horrors!)? Just do not listen or buy anything.

Thanks.

Likely that the cells are failing. The first 4 of the S/N tell you the year the cell was manufactured.

A 3E10 has a 3 year warranty, E means cell and 10 means 2010.

I recommend the k-1766 for testing salinity.

If the box reads more than 800 ppm below actual salinity, the cells are failing.

What are the diagnostic readings?

You should only clean a SWCG if it needs it. The acid bath reduces its life.

Salt strips are pretty tough to say they are accurate. Any chance you can take the water sample to a pool store (horrors!)? Just do not listen or buy anything.

Thanks.
The one time a store tested salt, it was 4500. The most recent time it was a store with a spin test thing. It couldn't see any salt. The water tastes salty. If anything, I'd expect it to be high. I used the system's number to add salt in the spring. I'm sure I added too much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.