Cat 2000 controller ph and ORP readings jump around.

I Need help. My cat 2000 controller is picking up stray voltage in the water. My ORP jumps around about 100-200mv from actual reading. I have taken my ORP and PH probes out and placed them in a container with my pool water and they read correct and do not jump around but when I place back into the system the readings jump around. My pool is inground 14k gal with a bromine feeder and acid pump attached to the cat2000 controller. Filters through a cartridge system and the fill valve is connected into main water system. Does anyone have some tips to resolving my issue or should I contact an electrician?

How old are the probes?

Is there any air bubbles in the side stream where the probes are?

Have you made sure all the connections are clean and tight?

Can you post a full set of test results?
Bromine
pH
TA
CH

I was going to ask the same questions as Bama.

How long has the system been in place and has it otherwise been working fine up until now?

My first suggestions would be to clean the probe as described in the instruction manual.

If cleaning the probe doesn't help you might try wiggling the wire to the probe and see if that changes the readings. Those kinds of probe wires are very sensitive to wire strain and you may have a poor connection somewhere.

9 times out of 10 though if the system was running fine and then randomly stopped working right its almost always the probe or something to do with the wire/wire connections.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.