How to Cap Off Intex Suction Outlet for Hayward Skimmer

Ace302

Bronze Supporter
Jun 26, 2017
CA
I have an Intex 18 x 52 with the dual suction outlet configuration. I have purchased a Hayward skimmer and would like to use one of the two suction outlets for the skimmer. I do not want to hard plumb at this time as the pool was just put up and we still have a lot of landscaping and such to do around the pool.

My problem is how do I cap off the second suction outlet? I have searched and searched but cannot seem to find a way to cap off the existing Intex outlet. As many I am sure know, the recent Photobucket situation has made searching even more difficult as most posts are now missing the pictures.

Please help as I have held off on completely filling the pool until I can install the skimmer.
Thanks.

Mine came with two little black hat looking plugs that fit inside the suction outlet.

I keep one closed and then the dual suction pulls from the other and the hayward skimmer. Sometimes I close the 2nd one too and use only the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.