how does the photo gallery work?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
On the main page of the Forum at the top (PC desktop, Firefox) there is a band with 4 or 5 images titled "Random Gallery Images" when I click one, it opens to the gallery and there are lots of interesting images. I would like to read some of the threads they must be in but it is difficult to find them. Am I missing something? A link to the thread or post?

(it also seems to have a rating system that I am not allowed to use? not that I care but that seems kind of strange LOL)

(edit - apparently I can rate, just not comment)

The gallery is more of a way to address photo hosting concerns than a way to promote content. It was put into place as a way to get active users to post their pool related photos on TFP verses other photo hosting websites. We’re still wanting all discussions to occur inside of threads on the forum themselves to help users with searching and so forth (the gallery is not a part of the search results). As for adding links to the photo where the photo is discussed, I’ll have to look further into that.

Hope this answers some questions.
Lee

The gallery is more of a way to address photo hosting concerns than a way to promote content. It was put into place as a way to get active users to post their pool related photos on TFP verses other photo hosting websites. We’re still wanting all discussions to occur inside of threads on the forum themselves to help users with searching and so forth (the gallery is not a part of the search results). As for adding links to the photo where the photo is discussed, I’ll have to look further into that.

Hope this answers some questions.
Lee

Thanks for the explanation! Do I understand correctly that you prefer us to have you host our images rather than use a third party? I completely understand that after what photobucket just pulled, but isn't that a lot of bandwidth for you all to deal with?

It would be great to link the images to the threads they are in if that is possible - some are so interesting I really want to read and it can be hard to even guess what forum they are in to go searching, much less what particular thread they might be.

It’s always a coin toss—content verses bandwidth. TFP supporters have greatly benefited the forum with their donations. Their contributions allow us to use the extra bandwidth that we do to promote/create content. As we create new content the forum grows. While I’d love to keep the hosting fees to the bare-bones I also know we must provide a quality product to the users. With that, PLEASE, use the gallery for your pool related photos.

I’ve still got a review of the gallery on my “ToDo” list after PhotoBucket pulled it’s little stunt. Once I review everything I’ll make sure to look at figuring out a way to increase discussions and the abality to learn more about interesting photos.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.