jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I have circuits made:

1. Pool pump 2350. Pool filter button on easytouch
2. Cleaning pump at 3100. Aux 2 on easytouch

both work fine

so now I add a schedule for pool pump to run say 8am to 4 pm.

Does that mean that schedule is also associated with the pool filter button. So if I hit it outside the schedule time it won't work anymore? Or will it still run until I hit it again to turn it off? I also assume if I was running aux 2 cause I was cleaning and it came time for the schedule aux 2 would turn off and schedule for pool filter would kick in?

Jim,

With ScreenLogic there is almost never a reason to touch any of the physical buttons on the panel itself... :p

I believe that if you turn something on manually, it will just stay on for whatever your egg timer is set for (default is 12 hours).. But I generally don't do that so I'm not absolutely sure.

How many pumps do you have? If you only have the one IntelliFlo, then you are just wasting an Aux circuit for no reason. Aux circuits are for things you want to control by sending the device AC power to turn it on or removing AC power to turn it off... Since the IntelliFlo is controlled by a data cable, you should use a "Feature" circuit to change the IntelliFlo speed.

See below....

dbtgallery.php

None of the above speed changes use an Aux circuit.. Waterfall is also a Feature circuit, I just changed the name from feature X to "waterfall"

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,

Here is where you set up the speeds...

dbtgallery.php

Jim R.

Jim,

With ScreenLogic there is almost never a reason to touch any of the physical buttons on the panel itself... :p

I believe that if you turn something on manually, it will just stay on for whatever your egg timer is set for (default is 12 hours).. But I generally don't do that so I'm not absolutely sure.

How many pumps do you have? If you only have the one IntelliFlo, then you are just wasting an Aux circuit for no reason. Aux circuits are for things you want to control by sending the device AC power to turn it on or removing AC power to turn it off... Since the IntelliFlo is controlled by a data cable, you should use a "Feature" circuit to change the IntelliFlo speed.

See below....

dbtgallery.php

None of the above speed changes use an Aux circuit.. Waterfall is also a Feature circuit, I just changed the name from feature X to "waterfall"

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,

Here is where you set up the speeds...

dbtgallery.php

Jim R.

jim,

you bring up a point i want to touch on. you said about the egg timer. right now i have to run the pump 24/7 per my builder during break in. tonight i put chlorine in at 530. went fishing came home and pump wasn't running. didn't touch a thing. does the pump shut off after a certain amount of time? 12 hrs right cause if I go to the egg timer section it shows 12 hrs for all my circuits. so i set pool to "don't stop". that correct?

i also changed the other pump speeds to feature's.

so is this what it should look like if i need the pump to run at a certain speed 24/7 for now?

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.05.22 PM by Jim, on Flickr

Jim,

If you want your pump to run 24/7 you should go to "Schedules" (Under the main page settings) and set your pump to run from 8 am until 8 am... Then it will never turn off.

On page 2 of 5 you don't have to do anything, but you can change the name of Feature 1 to whatever you want. Not necessary though...

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

If you tell me all the things that you want you system to do, I can try to point you in the right direction...

Jim R

my other question. so now i have pool/filter as the 1 speed. this is the circuit when it runs the salt will run correct. only this circuit can make the salt run right? so if i run my feature 1 which is a diff speed the pump will run at that speed but the salt generator will not run cause it is not running on that pool filter circuit right?

so then that brings up my other question. how do you run ur schedules? if i want to produce salt 2 diff times of the day then i would make 2 schedules using pool/filter circuit with just 2 diff times? correct?

thanks again,
jim

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.19.12 PM by Jim, on Flickr

so like this then, vs what i had.

right now i have the pump on. so i assume tomorrow morning at 8 AM the schedule will kick in.

right now i just want the pump to run 24/7 at the pool circuit speed.

Jim,

You have scheduled for "Pool" to run 24/7.. You have set the speed for "Pool" to be 2350.. So the pump speed will not change unless you tell it too..

If you turn on Feature 1, the speed will increase to 3100... when you turn off Feature 1 the speed will return to 2350.

The SWCG could care less what speed the pump is running as long as the flow switch is closed. My flow switch closes at 1,200 or so.. you will have to test your system to see where your flow switch closes.

Turn off the egg timer for Pool, it will just confuse things.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

you said to turn the pool egg timer off. i don't see an off setting only a increase to don't stop or a decrease to 1 min.

do i just reset it to 12 hrs?

is that considered off?

jim

Jim,

Yes that is what I should have said...

Jim R.

ok sorry. just trying to learn. lol it's not bad at all like you said a few weeks ago. just little things.

today i went to brush so I hit the cleaning button while still keeping the pool button on. it cycled for 1 hr like i had the egg timer set and then went back to the lower speed since it was still on. so that went went well.

so pretty much once my salt goes in then i can really figure out my schedules.

am I correct that the pool/filter button needs to be on to produce salt correct so if i have any other schedule i want to build into my setup i need to make sure i run it over the schedule for the pump/ filter button if i want to cont to produce salt while the other schedule or egg timer is running?

jim

ps oh and why is the phone app so poor. no cycle button for the pump to ramp up or down. more important. no egg timer setting!?

Jim,

To produce chlorine the Pump/Filter relay must be energized to provide power to the SWCG's transformer... This relay is energized anytime you are in either the "Pool" mode or "Spa" mode..

The whole idea of automation is that the pool takes care of itself... So, for the most part you will not be out there pushing buttons. For most things you will not need an egg timer because you will have scheduled a start and stop time.

The only time you need an egg timer is when you want to run something and just walk away and have it turn off on it's own. For example... If you wanted to have your cleaner run every night from 10 to 11.. you would schedule a start and stop time... But, if you just wanted to turn on the cleaner whenever you felt like it and did not want to come back to turn it off.. then you would use the egg timer for say an hour.. So, anytime you turned it on, it would run for an hour and turn itself off.

I did not design it.. I just use it... :p But I see no reason to program via a phone. Programming is something you don't do often... I see the phone as more of a turn it on/off device rather than a programming device.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim,

To produce chlorine the Pump/Filter relay must be energized to provide power to the SWCG's transformer... This relay is energized anytime you are in either the "Pool" mode or "Spa" mode..

The whole idea of automation is that the pool takes care of itself... So, for the most part you will not be out there pushing buttons. For most things you will not need an egg timer because you will have scheduled a start and stop time.

The only time you need an egg timer is when you want to run something and just walk away and have it turn off on it's own. For example... If you wanted to have your cleaner run every night from 10 to 11.. you would schedule a start and stop time... But, if you just wanted to turn on the cleaner whenever you felt like it and did not want to come back to turn it off.. then you would use the egg timer for say an hour.. So, anytime you turned it on, it would run for an hour and turn itself off.

I did not design it.. I just use it... :p But I see no reason to program via a phone. Programming is something you don't do often... I see the phone as more of a turn it on/off device rather than a programming device.

Thanks,

Jim R.

not really programming for something like an egg timer cause it's on the fly and most likely don't want to come in the house to a computer. most of us have a device somewhere on us or nearby outside at this point. egg timer, ramp up and down speed, and deff seeing the pump speed is nice for feedback to make sure everything is doing what it should. that's all.

thanks for all the help! you have made things much clearer!

jim

[emoji16]

44,000 gal. IG, Hayward Maxflo vs, Tagelus T60 sand filter, Taylor test kit 2006C, diy solar panels for heating pool water, full size solar blanket to keep the heat we get and installing a Pentair Easy Touch 4 & the Pentair IC60 swcg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.