Question on hooking up Intelliflow VSP and ScreenLogic2 Wireless to Pentair Easytouch

Scott,

Yes they can all go to the same port. If you have more than two items to connect, the best way is to use small wire nuts to connect to a single wire going into the connector..

The IntelliFlo and ScreenLogic work flawlessly together. You will love it...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Help if you can - Screenlogic won't connect. I see controller in the app

Panel is installed and on. ScreenLogic2 is wired up as per instructions. I setup protocol adapter and was able to see it on the network - Pentair: FA-30-D2 (IP Shows up as well). When I try to run the firmware update I get an error "Cannot get Brick Config"

When I run the app, it shows up to connect to but when I try any option it just clocks and never pulls anything up. IP Config, Configure Screenlogic or Start ScreenLogic.

well i got my mac connected just fine and remote access is working. setting it up is not as intuitive as i would have expected but i will work through it. i guess i need to set max rpm on my intelliflo? when i turn it on it goes to 3450 and stays there. also struggling to figure out how to program/set my actuators.

Scott,

It is easy once you get past the initial learning curve... Look at the following configuration pages...

dbtgallery.php

On the page above you set up your circuits.. Let's do something simple like pool light.. You can see in the example that I have assigned my "pool light" to the Aux1 circuit. I obviously had to wire the light to the Aux1 relay so that when the relay closed the light came on...

Notice that Feature1 circuit is called Feature1 because that is the default name (you can change it if you wish).. more on this one later

Notice that Feature5 circuit is called "Waterfall" because I renamed it.. more on this later..

dbtgallery.php

Notice on the above page you can assign a pump speed to a circuit.. Notice that Feature1 makes the pump run at 1400 RPM and that the Waterfall circuit makes the pump run at 2700 RPM..

dbtgallery.php

Notice on the page above where I assigned the valve A to "Waterfall" circuit..

That is most of it anyway... it should get you pointed in the right direction...

Thanks,

Jim R.

question, i have my pump setup and it does not seem to be using my flow rate settings. it is running at max rate. now that it is paired, i cannot control from the pump panel. any idea what i did wrong? i know when setting it up it asked for max rpm in the extrl control setup and i think it was set at 3450.
thanks
2017-07-15_20-13-51.jpg

Scott,

The first thing you need to do is see if the EasyTouch is taking with the pump... See if the display on the pump says... "Display not active"..

The second thing you need to do is understand the you can't have two "Pools" with different speeds... Every speed needs to be something different... Think about it... how would the EasyTouch know the difference between the "Pool" that is calling for 1210 and the "Pool" that is calling for 2770..

I'll add more later...

I think you forgot the following page...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK thanks. It is definitely talking to it. Display does show not active. I will remove that one. I think it was my programs I set before I paired it with the controller.

I removed the second Pool and same thing. Also, should it be showing GPM?

Scott,

If the pump screen says "Display Not Active" that means the communication between the EasyTouch and the Pump is working.. (Always good :p )

The default address for the pump is 1... The EasyTouch uses this address number so it can control multiple pumps. I'd double check, at the pump, to make sure it is still 1.

With the pump control cable removed... does the pump prime correctly and then drop to a lower speed? Can you ramp the speed up and down using the pump's control window.

Do you have the regular IntelliFlo or the IntelliFlo +SVRS version.. The front page of the manual will say...

Can't think of anything else at the moment...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Removed the cable and looked at programs (address was still correct). First program was set to 3450 for some reason - don't recall setting that. Anyways, I changed it to 1400, connected cable back up and it came online right this time. I am able to adjust above and below 1400 via the app.
Thanks for the help! I am sure I will have more questions. Going to work on actuators today.

well, here we go again. i had to shut pump down while gas company fixed a leak and when i turned it back on, it had reset that program. unhooked, changed, hooked back up and same thing. now i changed prime speed and it is sticking on that. i guess i will disable priming and see what happens. this is quite odd.

Hey Jim,
What is your priming parameters set at? I realized it may have been this. I found that it would not go below that value and it was set for a 10min prime max time setting. I lowered the value to below my default setting for pump (1270) and now it is working again. I changed max prime time to 1 minute as well

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.