Thought I was going to get away with it....

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
But alas, no, we've got a "floater".....

012c82811b90e7824d73fbdc4fa193a0.jpg

Luckily I happen to have a gallon of 10% on me so I'll be elevating the FC and closing the pool for 24 hours.

Arizona ground squirrel (like a prairie dog). Little cuties rip up my front yard. I kill a few dozen every year with snap-traps. Hate them!!!

He's just a little waterlogged and bloated is all....

Yuck! We have a neighborhood filled with deer and assorted creatures. I'm always bracing myself as I flip open the strainers. So far only turtles and frogs, but I know it's only a matter of time before a snake or armadillo tries to party though.

Somehow the frogs around here have learned to adapt and evolve to chlorine. Had 12 in the pool at one point. You close your pool for a day if you find an animal in it? We still swim, are we weird or are you extra cautious?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Somehow the frogs around here have learned to adapt and evolve to chlorine. Had 12 in the pool at one point. You close your pool for a day if you find an animal in it? We still swim, are we weird or are you extra cautious?

The squirrel was dead and bloated in the skimmer for an indeterminate time period as it had been 3 days since I last checked. So, out of an abundance of caution I raised the FC to 10ppm and kept the kids out for a day. Not really a big deal around here as it is way too hot outside to swim during the day.

No dead animals yet but the first day after fill I went out to brush and there was a field rat doing laps in my pool :eek: I mean this little guy had his head up and was going to town. I just used the pool brush to get him out and he ran back off into the field.

I was in about third grade and loved to skim our neighbors' pool and empty the skimmer baskets.
A dead possum taught me to look before reaching in. 40 years later, I finally have my own pool and still remember grabbing that possum every dingdang time I open a skimmer cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.