Thought I was going to get away with it....

Only 1 mouse in the skimmer so far this year. Will get a pooper scooper to fish them out from now on as my basket doesn't have a handle.
A few years back in another property I had we'd get baby raccoons learning to swim in the pool at night - what a racket. But the mother always fished the babies out.
And there was a moose that fell into a winterised pool in Ottawa a number of years ago - made the newspapers.

Scorpions can live under water for a very long time. They can shutdown their respiration to extremely low levels. Whenever I see one in the skimmer basket, I usually try to lift it out with a stick to see if it is alive.

Riddle me this Batman. How does a frog get into the pump skimmer? I have a skimmer basket at the pool, but one day I go over to shut the pump off and through the clear cover I can see a frog floating in there. He had drowned unfortunately, so I popped the cover off and got him out of there, but I still can't figure out how he got through the pool skimmer, through the line underground and into the pump skimmer.

Riddle me this Batman. How does a frog get into the pump skimmer? I have a skimmer basket at the pool, but one day I go over to shut the pump off and through the clear cover I can see a frog floating in there. He had drowned unfortunately, so I popped the cover off and got him out of there, but I still can't figure out how he got through the pool skimmer, through the line underground and into the pump skimmer.

Does the pump run all the time?

- - - Updated - - -

My latest critters have been scorpions. My robot has picked up two and I have found two in the skimmer in the last week....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.