New Pool

jcly93

Jun 23, 2017
Monroe, Oh
Hi, first post on TFP, but have been reading the forum since i purchased my pool about a month ago. had the pool installed the other day and just added my starter chem from the pool store yesterday(liquid shock and cya). i tested my water
with the taylor k2006c test kit and these are the numbers i am getting

fc 11
cc 0
ph 7.3
ta 70
ch 80
cya 30

using the watergram wheel that came with the test kit shows my water being balanced, but my ph, ta, and ch are below recommended levels. how would i go about bringing these numbers up or should i even be concerned about it since the
saturation index is about -1.5. By the way this is a 19000g ag with cartridge filter.

Your numbers are fine. Calcium is low, but if you have an above ground pool with a liner, it doesn't matter. It only matters if the calcium is high because it can lead to scaling. Your pH will climb slowly over time and your TA is fine as well. I would leave everything where it is, except maybe your CYA level. It all depends on how the weather is where you live. If the summers are really hot, you might consider bumping the CYA level to 40 or 50 PPM so your FC doesn't burn off as fast as it will at 30 PPM. I'm in San Jose, CA, and even with this blistering heat we've had here this last week (twice over 100 and upper 90's the rest of the week), I'm only losing 2 - 3 PPM a day with my CYA set at 50 PPM.

Ok thanks for the reply, was concerned that with the TA that low that my PH might be subject to bouncing around. Summers temps here in sw ohio can be all over the place last week we were in the 90's and next week we aren't supposed to get out of the mid 70's. I will check my cya level in a couple days and see where its at. Would like to see it at least 40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.