Pool Pump timer issue (not turning on) getting stuck on off

xcedra

Jun 23, 2017
st cloud fl
ok ive got a new pool pump timer because my old one stopped working all together.
so i got a new one and put it in and took a picture of the wires how they were done before and copied it. (what they told me atthe pool store)
So now what its doing is turning on normally but when it gets to the off (dog switch) it will stay there and turn off the whole machine and i would come out
in the morning and it would be on the off tab and the whole machines shut off, and i have to adjust the time to the correct time and manually turn it back on.
Ive already swapped out and got a new one thinking it was the timer and its doing the same thing, so the pool supply store has even given me new dog tab things.
but none of it has worked for me. so im out of ideas heres a picture below of how its currently hooked up if anyone can help me that would be awesome.unnamed (2).jpg

They are telling me its hooked up correctly at the pool supply store but its still not working so im thinking its that but im no expert at all and need help please lol.
thank you again and will keep an eye on the thread.

sorry for the delay in response was gone for the weekend.
see Im not sure what the colors are I, just took how it was wired before and redid it on the new timer.
im not to sure what wires do what but, to clarify i will turn it on manually and it will begin to go off the timer. but when it hits the off tab thing it doesnt pass it
it will stay there and the manual switch will turn to off and thats where it stays until i come out and move it and turn it back on.
this is what i come out to daily in the morning after turning it on the day before.pump.jpg

Most likely, the incoming power wires are connected to the 2 and 4 terminals instead of the 1 and 3 terminals.

You need to verify which wires are which and then wire correctly.

thanks james i tested it out and early test are good its going past its stop tab and the motors in the little hole are still turning after hitting the off tab,
it was the wiring after looking that the manual and finding the power it seemed they did belong in 1 and 3 and i had them in 1 and 4, so i had to swap the blue wires
in the picture above, this is probably why the pool store seen nothing wrong they were just going off the color wires not realizing i must of mixed the two up when i changed the timer the first time!
I again thank you all for the help i wish i came here sooner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.