New pool planning/build thread in Texas (DFW/Celina)

Not sure how I missed your build! What a beautiful location. Our pool is much smaller than what you’re building and it is enough for us. After your drama with the sewer I think 7K is a pretty good outcome compared to $50K or no pool. Looking forward to following the rest of your build.

Not sure how I missed your build! What a beautiful location. Our pool is much smaller than what you’re building and it is enough for us. After your drama with the sewer I think 7K is a pretty good outcome compared to $50K or no pool. Looking forward to following the rest of your build.

Thank you, now that the hole is dug and teh shotcrete is done it feels larger to me. I guess it's just a weird mental perception when it's drawn out on the ground as opposed to actual dirt removal.

- - - Updated - - -

Shotcrete was done today; light rain drizzle during application but no heavy downpour. Pool builder said that was OK and we don't need to water it since it was a rainy day. Tomorrow will start watering the shotcrete if no more rain.

Next step up is tile, pool builder said they will be coming in the next day or two.

Shotcrete1.jpg

Shotcrete2.jpg

Shotcrete3.jpg

How in the world did I miss this??? Sounds like you have been on quite a ride to get this far.

Your yard and area is SO pretty! I see you did end up cutting down a couple of trees. Here is hoping the others don't drive you nuts.

Kim:kim:

Tiling is started today. One question I had is whether I need to keep watering the shotcrete? It's only been poured for 2 days so I think I still need to water it, however I don't want to mess up the new tile or compound holding the tile in place.

Tile1.jpg

How in the world did I miss this??? Sounds like you have been on quite a ride to get this far.

Your yard and area is SO pretty! I see you did end up cutting down a couple of trees. Here is hoping the others don't drive you nuts.

Kim:kim:

Thank you! It has been quite a long time just to get this far. I know the tree will drop lots of leaves but I wanted to have some shade over our pool because it is routine for this part of Texas to get up to 105 or higher in the summer. So even if I have to get out a bunch of leaves I think the shade is worth it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK so the concrete was poured for the deck today... spray deck will be added later per the pool builder. He specifically said NOT to water the concrete. Does that sound right? I know it will crack some but I want to limit it as much as possible and my understanding is that you need to water the deck to limit cracks.

deck4.JPG

deck3.JPG

My concrete guys always say to water it. Misting is the best way to go really. I will let you make up your mind as you have to "live with" you PB. Did he maybe say you do not NEED to water it or did he say do NOT water it? Maybe give him a call and ask him again and express your concerns. Let us know what he says.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.