New pool wanting to hard plumb

mommark

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2014
Midland, MI
So, I just ordered our 16' x 32' x 54" above ground pool. We are going to have it installed and want to hard plumb the system. What all is needed in regards to shut off valves, ect... ? How many valves should we have?
Here are the pool items.
Hayward 23" sand filter, 1 1/2 hp, 2 speed Matrix pump
1 skimmer
Raypak 206k btu natural gas heater

Thank you

I have a valve under my skimmer, another valve under my return. I also have my backwash pipe valved and hard plumbed.

I would also put in a hard plumb in a heater bypass for just in case.

Oh and UNIONS! Unions every where you might need it to remove (filter to clean it) or replair (pump), etc.

Kim:kim:

• Love
Reactions: Captain Busy
That is what I have as I did not know about the really good ones before I had these added. Just make sure you have room to cut and replace if/when they fail. IF you have a big enough wallet you might want to get the good ones that can be rebuilt. That is what I will be getting when/if these fail.

I concur with Kim, the hardware store valves will work, however after knowing more, I would get Jandy valves.

That is what I have as I did not know about the really good ones before I had these added. Just make sure you have room to cut and replace if/when they fail. IF you have a big enough wallet you might want to get the good ones that can be rebuilt. That is what I will be getting when/if these fail.

I will tell you where I used them:

-one right under the skimmer. It is open/close.

-one right under the return. It is open/close also

I also have one on my backwash pipe that is also open/close.

So that is 3 valves that only need to open close.

WIll you have a main drain in? I did but it really does not help keep the pool clean :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have hard plumped it. It is connected to my skimmer AND to my filter. That way when I need to lower water due to rain or such all I have to do is open it up and the water comes out. So I guess it is not really valved to my back wash. Sorry about that. When you get closer to having it done I will take and share a pic of how it is all done.

I have hard plumped it. It is connected to my skimmer AND to my filter. That way when I need to lower water due to rain or such all I have to do is open it up and the water comes out. So I guess it is not really valved to my back wash. Sorry about that. When you get closer to having it done I will take and share a pic of how it is all done.

I would love to see some pictures please. I did some searching for pictures, but one of the older threads about this no longer has pictures that I am not able to view.

I just did an install this weekend, here are some pics :)

z786wlGh.jpg

jCeQIQph.jpg

Here is my install on a 16x32

D9X6h2Eh.jpg

73upvXjh.jpg

vwkRSaLh.jpg

Hope this helps

It is PlastiDip from dipyourcar 4 coat base black with 1 anthracite coat last... Still looks the same 3 years later :) You can also get it from ACE hardware...

DIY Hard Plumbing Suggestion

I would love to see pictures of hard plumbing for an above ground pool, plus directions and list of necessary parts. Being a newbie, it would help out greatly.
Perhaps shown with a pool heater and with out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.