Test strip vs chemical drop test ...testimony

I wanted to share my experience today that totally convinced me to ditch the test strips. I had two different test strips (Porpoise and hth). Both of them tested a solid 3 chlorine. Took sample to the pool store and my chlorine was a 1! They even tested twice to double check. I immediately went and bought the intermediate kit (hth 6-way) that this forum recommends (the other more advanced kits recommend intimidate me a little). Anyway, I wish I had ditched the strips a month ago when I found this forum. This new kit is spot on! This forum has helped me soooo much! Never thought I'd ever get such a charge over water! I think the pool stores are the best 'reverse advertisement' for this forum and all you teach. I fought with this water for 10 months and could never get nice, clear water. I found this site and switched to BBB and within 3 days my water was beautiful! And it's so simple! The pool store employee was giving me their spill today, I just shook my head and said 'thank you' and walked out. Knowledge (and experience) is power! Thanks, guys! I'm now a confident, BBB spa owner, thanks to you! Now I can enjoy this beautiful spa!

Well, boy howdy..... we *told ya* good test kits made all the difference!

We don't generally recommend that test kit as its missing the all important FAS-DPD test which tells you both how much FC you have but also how much CCs (the cooties!) are in your water. You can order just the FAS-DPD test from tftestkits.net and you'll have a good start there.

Keep us posted how things go :)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.