Finally done! Well Almost.

Uncle Salty

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2017
South Carolina
This pool has been a long long journey, especially for a simple vinyl build. Signed contract September 16, pool had water in it late February. Hurricane Matthew caused the majority of the problems due to tree damage, 2 large oaks fell and crushed the pool wall and also crushed both are vehicles and my wife's Caddie XT5 was only 3 days old! Once we got back on track with insurance and that we were already into 2017 and between weather and family issues with our builder we ended up finishing the pool part late February. Since then we've been working on landscaping which we've done all ourselves. We still have a few more things to do but wanted to post some pics of our new love. I've never owned a pool and found this site right at the end of our build but I think I made good choices on my equipment and with the automation and information I've gotten here it's been a breeze so far. Anyhow here's some pics, feel free to offer any ideas or thoughts y'all might have.

Salty

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 223
Re: Finally done! Well Almost. Pool

Salty,

I love it, especially the pool house, which is almost bigger than my whole pool... :p

Very well done!!

Thanks for the pics...

Jim R.

Thanks Jim, here's a pic of the pool house prior to us renovating it. I wouldn't even go into before as it was a creepy mess only use it had was our dog fence transmitter was in there along with plenty of Palmetto bugs.

Salty

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations! Nice pool! I love the liner color.

Thanks zea, wasn't our first choice, the one we picked when we signed our contract wasn't available any longer by the time the pool was ready for the liner, got a real nice discount though but we were still disappointed.

Salty

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 300
Wanted to view your build after you commented on mine. Matthew was tough here also. Your pool and landscaping look great. I like how the water matches the pool house doors, umbrela, and pillows. Did you plant the windmill palms yourself?

Wanted to view your build after you commented on mine. Matthew was tough here also. Your pool and landscaping look great. I like how the water matches the pool house doors, umbrela, and pillows. Did you plant the windmill palms yourself?

Thanks for the compliments. We did all the landscaping ourselves but had someone else put in the palms, the Mexican Palm took a hard hit from the freezing temperatures in January, hoping it rebounds.

Salty

That liner looks amazing with the added pops of blue with the doors, umbrella and throw pillows! It came together nicely!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.