Need ideas for deck / decking

Bazodee

Silver Supporter
Apr 20, 2016
Dallas TX
We are redoing our pool and deck and have decided to expand to the patio. I envisioned a wood/composite deck for the patio that would create a nice space.

For a number of reasons the wood deck part is not happening. So now we are looking at concrete/flagstone for the patio. I'm worried that that just going to be a giant area of concrete from the house to the pool and I don't love how it looks in my head.

This is a pic from 4 years ago when we bought the house. The sand is gone and there is a pool fence.

Any suggestions?
148a5db8f6dd7414b593c291a574ecb9.jpg

7921042f4061e47fc1ac4bafbbf8678d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There ya go!!! Okay I say is get rid of the grassy area by the white wall. I would Do concrete there. THEN I would find an artist to paint a very colorful mural there! It would reallt jazz up that area and you could put a nice table and chairs there!
Kim:kim:

There ya go!!! Okay I say is get rid of the grassy area by the white wall. I would Do concrete there. THEN I would find an artist to paint a very colorful mural there! It would reallt jazz up that area and you could put a nice table and chairs there!
Kim:kim:

Hmmm- a mural. I've been known to do a couple of those. That wall takes a beating in the sun. I was going to Paint the the boards to look like reclaimed wood (of different colors and stains) and my painter discouraged me just from the sun damage.

I'm thinking a planter with a low wall near the white wall and concrete to the patio. (Extra seating)

But I was also thinking of extending the patio to the rain barrel and that just seems like a lot of concrete.

A lot. To look at. So much!

And possibly a pergola as suggested - but not sure where.

Also thinking about a low wall on the pool edge where the fence and pool are super close. The kids might like that. But need to figure out plants there.

Thanks for your input. My last mural...
fb3170b95c0443a7b5828cd46383b47c.jpg

N. Texas
25,000G IG pool -installed in 80's owned by us for 4 years
Maintained by us for 16 months
Plaster with a diving end of 10+ feet
DE filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.