Giant Dogs, 2 190 lbs English Mastiffs swimmers

May 24, 2017
Covington, GA
Newbie here. Our Pool will be installed next week. I am looking for stairs or steps to ensure they can get out of the pool if they go for a swim with us or something happens and they get in with someone who is not strong enough to help them out. What do you recommend to help all of us get out esp. me so my neighbors don't see my whole backside. LOL They have to be with us at all times.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, there are various ramps/steps for pets like the one here: Pet Step - Swimming pool accessories. I like the ones that appear to be portable or streamlined in that they shouldn't be a haven for algae like traditional steps. Nice to have you with us.

We have five Labradors and they and their canine friends are in our pool almost every day. We use a PetSTEP folding ramp to get dogs out of the pool. It is very sturdy and can easily take the weight of a Mastiff. I mounted the ramp on a custom-built PVC stand. The setup is very stable and it does not take too long to train the dogs to use it.

We also have a set of steps to get people out of the pool and some dogs will use the steps instead of the ramp.

090813T007.jpg 160323T227-02.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.