Mumbling - SWG ?

Rodtek

Feb 17, 2017
Panama
Hello guys.
Im trying to do the job.
Added the signature, hope to have listed the important things.

My first idea was to move to BBB method.
But here, in Panama, seems impossible to find out industrial level bleach. There is only 4% commercial domestic bleach.
So, it has no sense to use it due to the cost.

I have read about the SWG way and maybe this can works here.
So, as most of the users ask is about the sizing.
I did the math, using the xlsx chart and the recommended website with comparison.

Tell me if i'm wrong.
28000 Litres, 7500 Gallons.
Id like to have a 2 ppm FC.
Id like to run my pump for 5 hrs/day.
So i need an SWG that produce something like 0.65 Lbs of chlorine at 100%?

My target SWG could the "Circupool SJ-15"?
(that's almost the double the size of the pool, as most are suggesting)

Thanks a lot for your attention

Enrico "Rod" Sernesi

That size would be sufficient, if your volume calculation is correct. Your target of maintaining 2 FC is likely not realistic. In your location with and SWG, we would recommend that your CYA level be 70-80 ppm for optimum chlorine usage efficiency. See here: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

You can see that with a CYA of 70 ppm, you need to maintain 3 ppm FC at all times at a minimum to keep proper sanitation.

Review this article as well. Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Oh, ok.
I missed the calculation about the FC due to the CyA level.
Ok, so possibly is necessary a bigger SWG. Or more hours of work of the pump.

Do you consider SWG a good solution for my situation?
I mean, there are any things to consider about tropical environment?

Enrico

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

You will only need to produce enough chlorine to MAINTAIN 3 FC each day, so that SJ-15 would be enough. An SJ-20 would work as well, especially if your aim is to reduce pump run time.

SWG is your best solution and a great solution for nearly anyone. The only thing to consider for your location is that you might even want your CYA as high as 80 ppm to prevent excessive daily FC loss, depending on how many hours per day your pool gets sunshine. Then you'd need to keep your FC at 4 ppm or above daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.