LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, I'm ready to set up after my slab pour, equipment pad pour, wiring and my recent Pentair purchase. Kitchen remodel has dragged on a bit, but now we are ready for the pool.

I've attached a simple plumbing drawing. Does the set up look right? Did I forget any other components?

Thanks in advance......

Attachments

• Plumbing.jpg
    Plumbing.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 43
S,

I suspect it is just a typo,

But the sequence is ... from the skimmer/drain to the input of the pump, then out of the pump to the filter, then out of the filter and back to the pool through your returns....

Make sure your pipes do NOT come up through the concrete...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do I need check valves anywhere in the supply or return piping? Would it be wise to add a coupler at the equipment end in case I had to remove a piece of equipment? Do I need two way valves at the pool end along with three way valves?

Is there anything I am overlooking?

thanks

Bob,

I see no reason for any check valves...

Personally I think it should be illegal to install a pump without using pump-unions... :p

They look like this and have an O-Ring on the threaded side..

I don't see a reason for the two-way valves as you already have a three-way valve on the same line.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pooldv: Yep, I'm baaaaaaack. Here come the plumbing wuestions

JimR.: the connection on the Pentair pump/filter are 1 1/2" while the plumbing from the equipment to the pool is 2". Is there a union that will do that or do I use a reducer out of the union to the equipment?

Bob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.