Spa return jet

Sep 10, 2012
Tampa, Fl.
The return jet in my spa that circulates water when the pool is operating was sticking out approximately 1/2" from the marcite yesterday. Noticed when brushing the pool/spa. Thought that unusual, so when trying to push back flush with the marcite, noticed it was loose and entire jet came out of the marcite. Someone had wrapped duct tape around the pvc tube of the return and just pushed it into the pvc pipe in the marcite wall to hold it in. I think it may be what they call an Inside Hydrostream (Hayward SP1421D)?? Is this kind of return jet glued into the supply pipe in the marcite or should their be a bushing of some type that holds it tight within the pvc pipe. Could this be something that the contractor carelessly jury rigged with duct tape, rather than using pvc glue to secure to the supply pipe? Never saw this before and need some help.:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Patrick_B: My thoughts exactly. I am trying to determine if the Hayward Inside Hydrostream return jet was to be installed with PVC glue or was there supposed to be a rubber bushing of some type to secure. Am leaning towards the PVC glue approach, but wanted to get some input before correcting the "duct tape" install. Appreciate you taking the time to post. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.