Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calculators again

1. Back To Top    #1

Calculators again

When using the bleachCalc. Is it referring to OZ by Volume or by weight. Perhaps the issue lies here.

Thank you
    BBB works for me!

2. Back To Top    #2
    My understanding is that BleachCalc always shows liquids by volume and solids by weight. My calculator shows solids by both weight and volume, but the weights will be more accurate. Powders can be fluffed up into larger volumes or packed down into smaller volumes and ground differently so that they pack differently.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    The author of Bleachcalc, MWSmith, has acknowledged that there is an error based on the information he used when he wrote the program. It is the only known error in the program.

4. Back To Top    #4

Borates

Well I was thinking of adding borax to increase Borates to 50. But with a 25000 gal pool, that works out to 92lbs of Borax and 5 gallons of Acid. This pool is in the Midwest so spring cleanup is always an issue. Now I just dont know what to do. Hum. I assume the Borax will only need to be replentished due to backwash and splashout.
    BBB works for me!