OB in VEGAS - Another one!!!! :)

Coping and most of the pavers are in is except for the back of the pool where we are waiting on materials that were back ordered. Time to start thinking of pebble colors:). We are looking for a teal Caribbean color water but do not really like the brown look in the shallow areas so we may have a more blue color. I have checked out a bunch of colors online but its really hard to tell without seeing it in person as the same color looks different in multiple pictures. From searching the site I see many people have my same concerns but end up happy with the result. Anyone have some good pics they want to share of teal Caribbean pebble?

UPDATED with the pics :)

IMG_0080.jpgIMG_0081.jpg

Glad to hear of your progress but sad that the pics are not showing :(

Kim:kim:

Fixed that for ya :)

My shotcrete sub required me to wait 30 days before plaster if I wanted a warranty. Due to several things, it actually took my about 45 days to get my plaster once the shotcrete was done.

Yep with the way my schedule is going it will be about 40 days from shotcrete to pebble. I stopped watering after 15 days.

Looks great. For some reason I love your decking. Not sure if you are set on pebble finish but we went with mariner blue quartz plaster. It may have the color you are looking for.
View attachment 69570

Hey Hey IMAZ!!!! Surprise, I may have found my inspiration for the decking from your build thread :). Your water color is AWESOME but we decided on Tahoe Blue Mini Pebble with both glass beads and abalone shells in there. Plus if I used your same water color I may come home to some dude named IMAZ floating in my pool!! We even have that same rabbit in our yard HAHA!!!

Pavers are 95% done and we have the patio cover up but it still needs to be finished with rock and tile. Stone & coping on the rear raised bond beam, spa tile and installation of the sheers and fire pits should happen in the next 5 days then we are on to plaster!! We can't wait!

IMG_0086.jpgIMG_0087.jpgIMG_0088.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Hey IMAZ!!!! Surprise, I may have found my inspiration for the decking from your build thread :). Your water color is AWESOME but we decided on Tahoe Blue Mini Pebble with both glass beads and abalone shells in there. Plus if I used your same water color I may come home to some dude named IMAZ floating in my pool!! We even have that same rabbit in our yard HAHA!!!

You must have spent time talking to Will! Hahahaha.

We are coming along and have all the fire features, tile and stone work for the pool done. We passed our pre-plaster inspection today and planning on plaster and fill by the weekend! I just set up the basic features on my screen logic and I am getting real excited :) Here are some pics and I will update a little more frequently from now on :)

IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg

Well we have plaster / Pebble TODAY ended up going with NPT Stonescapes Tropics Blue 3 Mini with extra glass beads and abalone shells thrown on the top!!! It will be acid washed tomorrow AM and then I will start the fill!! Here are my fill water specs:

TC = 0
CYA = 0
CH= 175
TA = 143
PH = 7.5
Salt = 600ppm

I am planning to follow the NPC guidelines for startup which seem to be the "traditional startup" listed on this site. From what I can see I need to get my CH up and TA down as soon as it is filled while managing the PH around 7.4. What do you think? Also is a salt level of 600ppm ok? I didn't think my water softener was hooked up to the faucets in the yard but 600 seems high for city water right? I am going to bypass my water softener and recheck it in the AM. Here are some pics :)

IMG_0099.jpgIMG_0100.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0105.jpgIMG_0098.jpg

WOW they did it on a Sunday?? They must be really pushing to finish up and get finial checks and you scored with a Sunday plaster! SWEET!

That looks great!

Make sure to wrap a dish towel or such over the end of the hose/hoses and attach a empty bottle to so it will float when there is enough water. You don't want the metal end to mess up the new plaster and the cloth may catch some stuff. When the water it started make sure the end of the hose is right over the main drain to keep it from streaking.

The true color of the plaster will come in time as the water gets balanced. There might be a slight green color in the beginning so don't be alarmed.

Getting TA down is more of a process and will take a little time and muriatic acid. Here is the link to how to do it:

How to lower TA

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, yea I have been using guys who work for the big companies during the week but will do work on the side so weekends have been work days for shotcrete & plaster. No warrantee but these guys come highly recommended and thousands less expensive. I figured that the big companies warranties are BS anyway so the small risk was worth it. So far they have been outstanding and make sure I am 100% happy before they take my money. Filling now then the real work begins tomorrow, brush brush brush :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just went through your build thread. Not that you need to hear it from me, but that is a gorgeous pool.

Congrats! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thank you!! Yea I do need to hear it, it helps me deal with the lighter wallet and a few more grey hairs hahahahah!!! Its been an great experience and I would do it again, this site is a HUGE help!

Thank you!! Yea I do need to hear it, it helps me deal with the lighter wallet and a few more grey hairs hahahahah!!! Its been an great experience and I would do it again, this site is a HUGE help!

You aren't kidding! Just wrapped mine up and am dealing with the chemistry. Testing is easy enough. After a couple of tests, I can get through it pretty easily. Everyone here has a been a great help except for the lighter wallet as we have all gone through that!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.