Water bugs........

They seem to come and go and don't care about the chlorine level. We live in the woods. The only thing that seems to help with bugs some is to spray the perimeter of the pool/deck with Home Defense and adding 50 ppm of borates. Those two things seem to help with bugs, spiders and waterbugs in our pool but don't eliminate it. More about borates here, Borates - Why and How

One of my dogs drinks pool water and one doesnt. There are clearly some side effects. The one that drinks pool water is fat and lazy. :-D I understand loving your dogs and being risk averse.

What is your TA? Run it down around 60 and see if that helps slow pH rise. 50 might be even better.

I need to run a full water test to double check now that the rain is officially gone.

I heard from some pool maintenance guys that a couple of squirts of dawn dish soap will get rid of them as it removes the surface tension and they will drown. Anyone have success with that?

I need to run a full water test to double check now that the rain is officially gone.

I heard from some pool maintenance guys that a couple of squirts of dawn dish soap will get rid of them as it removes the water tension and they will drown. Anyone have success with that?

That may work, and that may be the reason borates work because borates also reduces surface tension.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.