1 micron filters

I recently purchased a 1 micron Pura Spa filter to replace my pleated filter in my Hydropool hot tub. It seems to be doing a great job so far.I was wondering what to expect as the filter ages.I didn't seem to find and posts to educate myself on these type of filters. I hope I can get some insight from the TFP experienced folks.

Also what is the general rule of thumb as to how many times you can wash and reuse a pleated type filter?

Regards, Jeff

Those filters are considered disposable. They're not designed to be cleaned. Use them a few months and throw them away. In a 1200L (~300 Gal) spa they may last a while depending on how much use it gets.

Please post back and let us know how they work out for you.

I found the 1 micron filters to be convenient when my wife and I used the tub. We changed them every 2 -3 months. But when the kids and their friends come around using the tub we would have our chlorine usage triple and cloudy water would start to become a frequent problem, even with increased filter cycles. I believe the filters became a bacteria breeding ground. We have gone back to traditional spa filters and added ozone. The kids can't seem to nuc the tub anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.